The orthopedic department is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system, including bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. The following are some of the key areas that our orthopedic department coveres:
- Trauma: The orthopedic department deals with traumatic injuries, such as fractures, dislocations, and sprains.
- Sports Medicine: The orthopedic department often works with athletes to prevent and treat sports-related injuries.
- Arthritis: The orthopedic department provides treatment for various forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout.
- Joint Replacement: The orthopedic department may perform joint replacement surgeries for patients with severe arthritis or other conditions that have damaged their joints.
- Spine Disorders: The orthopedic department provides treatment for a range of spine disorders, including herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis.
- Hand and Foot Disorders: The orthopedic department may treat conditions that affect the hands and feet, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and plantar fasciitis.
- Pediatric Orthopedics: The orthopedic department provides specialized care for children with orthopedic disorders, such as congenital deformities, scoliosis, and fractures.
- Rehabilitation: The orthopedic department may provide rehabilitation services for patients who have undergone surgery or suffered an injury that requires physical therapy.
- Research and Innovation: The orthopedic department is often involved in research and development of new techniques, technologies, and treatments for musculoskeletal disorders.